Lead-acid storage batteries emit hydrogen while gassing during charge. Hydrogen concentration of 4% to 75% by volume in air are potentially explosive. Hydrogen gas detector is designed to provide for dissipation and warning before any concentration reaches the lower explosive limit (LEL) of 4%.
- 1% Concentration energizes a relay which activates your exhaust fan
- 2% Concentration activates a built-in, pulsating warning alarm
- One-Year Warranty
- 110VAC; 50/60 htz standard
- 220VAC or 12-48VDC available
- 7"h x 4 3/4"w - 2 1/2" deep
This device is required for your battery room to be in compliance with IEEE Std 450, National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) Artical 64 & Uniform Building Code (UBC) Sect 6400. Failure to monitor hydrogen gas production & alarm when certain threshholds are reached voids your insurance policy & exposes your company to severe risk should any in juries result from a non-passive hydrogen gassing event. The HGDI is an affordable piece of your safety plan.
- HGDI-DR - Hydrogen Gas Detector
- HGDI-REM - 25 Foot Remote Display