cable, vdsl, patch
Nelson Firestop- Firestop Lighting Covers- Firestop- Firestop Products- Firestop Supplier- Firestop Distributor- FireStop Protection
Firestopping has been the sole focus at Nelson for nearly four decades. Nelso Firestop Products offer the right class of protection for virtually any penetration, in any building, anywhere in the world. If you want to specify the best firestop solution for any given application, in the U.S. or overseas, Nelson is the company for a quick accurate response. With products you can depend on. From people you can depend on. Nelson makes it easy.
Firestop Lighting Covers
Flexible & Lightweight.
Ventilated to reduce heat build up in the light fixture.
Can be fitted from below or above the ceiling.
Installs in seconds.
Unaffected by moisture, and non-toxic.
Prevents fire from penetrating the ceiling void.
Click for MSDS Click for Technical Data
List of Tests Successfully Performed On MCT
(All tests were performed using steel frames. Aluminum were frames used for other environmental conditions, such as a moisture barrier.)
- Capacitance comparison test on various types of coaxial cables
- Watertight integrity test on Multi-Cable transit utilizing Nelson "Cast Enclosure" (200PISG)
- Cable temperature rise in MCT™ (derating not required)
- Preliminary cable holding tests on MCT™ for THW, 600V and 5000V cable. Meets or exceeds NEC
- Class I Group D, explosion test
- Helium leak test of Multi-Cable Transit
- Four hour fire test witnessed by an independent utility representative
- Three hour fire and hose test
- MCT™ eddy current test
- Class I, Group B explosion test for hazardous environment
- Fire test with aluminum conduit
- Sound attenuation analysis of MCT™, 125-4000 HZ
- Two hour PVC pipe test
- Four hour fire test on a bus duct
- QPL 24705 2000°F fire test on fiber optic bundles
- Lockheed Electronics 1578C-4454 one hour fire test (U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard) for bulkheads. ASTM-E119 and Solas (Safety of Life at Sea) are basic testing documents.
- Metallurgical Processing Laboratory - one hour fire test for ships deck. Same activities and regulations as above.
- Lockheed Electronics 1578B-4454 MIL-S-901C shock test.
- Lockheed Electronics 1578-4454 MIL-STD-167 vibration test.
- Westinghouse Canada CWAPD-15 2 x 108 effects of gamma radiation on MCT components.
- Underwriters Laboratory R7269-2 two hour fire test "Wall Opening Protective Multiple Cable Device For use in Masonry Walls". This was a fire and hose stream test.
- National Research Council of Canada two hour fire test on cable and conduit with Positive Pressure.
- HCL (Hydrogen Chloride) emission test on modules by Bridgeport Testing Laboratory. Compares our emission to that of various cable jackets. (HCL emission from Tecron™ is infinitesimal)
- Underwriters Laboratory three hour fire and hose stream test on block and brick masonry walls.
- Underwriters Laboratory three hour fire test on concrete floor slab.
- Class 1 Group A, B, C & D explosion test for hazardous environment.
- Attenuation Comparison under Compression for fiber optic cables.
- IMO A.754 (18) H-120 hydrocarbon fire test by Southwest Research Institute
- IMO A.754 (18) A, B & F O-60 Fire Rated Deck & Bulkhead
- Multi-Cable Transit and Multi-Plugs are now qualified under MIL-P-24705/1 and MIL-P-24705/3: Approval Letter Naval Sea Systems Command 4123 OPR: 05Q2/312 Dated April 30, 1993.
- Hi-Test Laboratories 525 MIL-P-24705A Type 1 Environmental Vibration Test (MIL-STD-167-1)
- Hi-Test Laboratories 526 MIL-P-24705A High Impact Shock Test (MIL-S-901D)
- QPL 2000°F Fire Test T200.217; witnessed by DCMDS Inspection Office Representative
- Hi-Shock Platform Test/Technical Report 15-71 (2700PSI Maximum Instantaneous Pressure Impact)