Variable Optical Attenuator
Variable optical attenuators are commonly used to reduce the absolute light power in a fiber. Typical test applications include linearity testing, receiver sensitivity / range / BER testing, and determining optimum fixed attenuator values for an installed system.
In most cases, A VOA is used in conjunction with an optical power meter. Typically, it is important that the optical attenuator does not degrade the passing signal, has a low sensitivity to wavelength, and low minimum insertion loss.
We offer an inexpensive in-line adjustable attenuator for occasional use, or a high performance instrument with excellent overall specifications, and automation features that are useful in either stand-alone or computer controlled situations. Kingfisher attenuators are also available in convenient F O Test Kits.
KI 7010 Series Variable Optical Attenuator
- Intuitive to use, rugged & reliable
- Long battery life
- High contrast display
- Excellent linearity, absolute accuracy and wavelength insensitivity
- Singe mode and multimode versions
- User programmable
- Remote control via computer
OPT716 Series Adjustable Optical Attenuator
- Simple and inexpensive device
- Excellent optical performance
- PC and APC connector options
- Single mode and multimode options
- Useful measurement accessory