|1. Offices with terminals, sales and display rooms, etc. In these areas, a floor covering is sufficient that is antistatic according to DIN 54 345 = < 2 kV as its voltage charge.
2. Rooms with electronic equipment, such as computer centers, offices with special equipment, resistance to earth R2?= < 1 x 109?Ohms or voltage of charging U maximum of 2 kV.
3. Unprotected electronic components or components with requirements for protecting people, such as testing shops in the electronics manufacturing field, resistance to ground R2?< 1 x 108?Ohm, contact resistance of the location acc. to VDE 0100, RST?> 5 x 104?Ohm or RST > 1 x 105?Ohms (the amount of rated voltage is decisive).
4. Unprotected electronic components or components, such as manufacturing or laboratory rooms for making, repairing or testing electronic equipment, subassemblies or components, resistance to ground R2?< 1 x 108?Ohms.
5. Explosive atmospheres in general, such in potentially explosive laboratories, gas pressure control facilities, battery storage rooms, resistance to ground R2?< 108?Ohms.
6. In medical rooms, newly installed, R2?< 107?Ohm, in four years R2?< 108?Ohm; HF-surgery R2?> 5 x 104?Ohms.
7. Potentially explosive substances, such as in manufacturing and storage rooms of explosives, munitions or pyrotechnical articles, resistance to ground R2?< 106?Ohms.