CD-2000 Buried Service Wire Splice
- Eliminates on-site plugging or damming of filled cable at the termination end in order to prevent subsequent air and/or cable filling material leakage
- Eliminates on-site cleaning of cable filling compound from wires prior to required termination and the use of hazardous cleaning chemicals in the field Provides filled cable to the actual point of termination, eliminating potential water intrusion into filled cable Longer length Transition Cable allows running filled cable completely to the termination point from the nearest existing splice case
- Eliminates need to order closures or cross-connect boxes with pre-assembled cable stubs
The CD-2000 Buried Service Wire Splice provides an easy way to splice, repair or extend two to six-pair buried serivce wire. The kit includes a clear thermoplastic housing, strain relief, universal bond and a two-part encapsulant that provides a weathertight seal from all environmental hazards. The CD-2000 can be used in a Butt, In-Line or Branch configuration. The CD-2000 features the industries best performance in a universal splice closure. The AFL Telecommunications’ CD-2000 meets or exceeds all of the Tecordia™ GR-251 specifications.
- Butt, in-Line or branch splice configurations
- Two to six-pair buried service compatible
- Clear closure provides visual conformation of encapsulation
- Easy-to-pour bi-pac encapsulant bag with built-in spout
- Unit can be completely assembled, encapsulated and immediately buried
- Meets or exceeds Telcordia
Transition cable- Transition Cable is a factory processed filled cable that is pre-cut to custom lengths. This eliminates time-consuming on-site preparation and the use of hazardous cleaning chemicals in the field. Additionally, cables can be provided with optional factory-installed connector modules and pulling eyes.
ATS carries PE – 89 Communication Cable which comes in a six (6) pair cable configurations up to 2400 pairs manufactured for the purpose of direct burial systems communication applications in accordance with the National Electric Code.Conductor construction is soft drawn bare copper meeting the requirements of ASTM Specification B-3. The conductors are 22 awg solid copper.The conductors are insulated with polyethylene (PE) in distinctive colors to facilitate pair identification and are twisted into pairs with varying lays to minimize crosstalk.The interstices between the pairs are filled with an 80 C filling compound and covered with a low density, high molecular weight black polyethylene (PE).
The assembly is then wrapped with two metal shield tapes:
- A corrugated .008" thick polymer coated aluminum tape and a corrugated .006" polymer coated steel tape.
Suitable for use as direct burial communication applications where protection against water and moisture entry is a critical requirement. PE – 89 is recommended where rodent attack is possible.
Conductor: Soft drawn bare copper (ASTM Spec. B-3). Solid (22 awg)
Inner Jacket: Polyethylene (PE)
Outer Jacket: Polyethylene (PE)
Temperature: 60 C
Resistance: 17.235 OHMS PER M FEET at 68 DEG. F
Call for pricing, minimum order $500.00- Please- ATS offers cutting of cable-For custom cable lengths at an additional cost-
West Coast (866) 342-3721
New Southern CA Office ( 760) 471-8200
East Coast (866) 650-3282
For More Information On Any of the Products Below- Just click on the Pictures -More Information and Specifications For PE 39 and PE 89 Below
PE 89 Application:
For use in wet environments where protection from moisture is required. Approved for direct burial, duct or aerial installations when supported by a messenger.
PE 89 Conductors:
Solid soft bare annealed copper. Individual conductors are twisted into pairs with varying lay lengths to minimize crosstalk.
PE 89 Insulation:
Dual layer of foamed polyolefin and solid polyolefin.
PE 89 Filling Compound:
Cable core is filled with an extended thermoplastic rubber (ETPR) filling the interstices between the pairs and under the core tape.
PE 89 Core Wrap:
Non-hygroscopic, dielectric tape with overlap.
Corrugated, copolymer coated, 8-mil aluminum tape longitudinally applied with overlap. The shield interfaces are flooded with an adhesive compound to provide a moisture barrier and inhibit corrosion.
PE 89 Jacket:
Black, sunlight-resistant, linear low-density polyethylene.
ANSI/ICEA S-84-608-1994 RUS 7 CFR 1755.890 (formerly REA PE-8