Inverse Multiplexing Ethernet Gateway
RC956-FE8E1 is an Inverse Multiplexing Ethernet Gateway. Since the RC956-FE8E1 functions as a bridge operating over an SDH/ SONET environment, service providers can achieve a seamless interconnection between customers connected over the TDM network and customers connected over the packet network, while maintaining the same service level attributes.
RC956-FE8E1 can be deployed in central site for aggregating Ethernet user traffic received from remote devices or enabling Inverse Multiplexing for enlarging much more bandwidth. RC956-FE8E1 provides 1 Ethernet port and 8 E1 ports for subscribers and functions as a bridge between IP-based network and leased circuits. Additionally its advanced features such as automatic E1 link adjustment, Q-in-Q, QoS (Quality of Service), flexible and reliable solution for high-quality Ethernet Service delivery by using TDM network resources. So RC956-FE8E1 completes a full access solution from the service provider central site to the customer premises. and Ethernet Switch, etc.
* Single E1 Mode for aggregating up to 8 remote sites
* Inverse Multiplexing mode for flexibly transmitting Ethernet Service over multiple E1 links
* Single E1 Mode or Inverse Multiplexing Mode
* Optional balanced 120Ohm or unbalanced 75Ohm E1 interface
* MTU up to 1632 Bytes and 1632 bytes MAC address
* Support local and remote loop back
* Built-in BERT function for diagnostics
* Provides QoS utilizing four priority queues per COS
* VLAN transparent forwarding. VLAN tagging and stacking (Q-in-Q)
* IEEE802.3x in full duplex
* Support BPDU, Dot1x, GMRP, GVRP, and ICMP on per port
* In-band and out-of-band (SNMP, Telnet, CONSOLE) management